[AMRadio] RE: Contest signal reports

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Tue Oct 2 03:30:49 EDT 2007

Sweepstakes Exchange in this order:
Consecutive serial number (1, 2, 3, etc.; Precedence - Q, A, B, U, M, S
(qrp, low power, high power, unlimited, multi-op, school); your call;
last two digits of the first year licensed; ARRL Section.

Field Day Exchange:
Field Day Operating Class; ARRL Section

Some DX Contests still use signal reports as part of the exchange.

The point is that in contesting, very few care about a signal report and
whether you're arm-chair copy, wall to wall treetop tall signal pounding,
etc. It's all about racking up as many contacts as you can in a defined
time frame against a whole bunch of other hams all trying to do the same
thing.

Pete, wa2cwa