[AMRadio] AM Mobile

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:26:10 EDT 2007

Rick Brashear wrote:
> Man!  If those guys would put their energy, money and expertise toward a
> legal hobby like Amateur Radio it would sure be great!  Unfortunately, the
> ones I have rubbed shoulders with through the years seem to like the
> "outlaw" status illegal CB brings.  To each his own.
>
> Rick/K5IAR
>

> Who says you can't run a kW AM Mobile?
>
> http://www.cbrelectronics.com/altwork/altwork.html

Gotta be something said about having 5 or 6 alternators running together
to power -one- amplifier.

Someone could build up a solid state amp, using 8 of those hot-rod
Toshiba 2SC2879 transistors with a tuned in/output circuit.

Those are the same transistors that some of the YeaComWoods use in their
final, and get 100w out of a pair.

Some -non-filtered- amps are getting 350w out of the same pair.  I
figure 8, with proper filtering is 400~500w (conservatively) and with
25w of drive, should make for some fairly decent sounding AM, from a
properly adjusted rice-box.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,