[AMRadio] AM Mobile

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:21:15 EDT 2007

Bry Carling wrote:
>> Some -non-filtered- amps are getting 350w out of the same pair.
>> I figure 8, with proper filtering is 400~500w (conservatively) and
>> with 25w of drive, should make for some fairly decent sounding
>> AM, from a properly adjusted rice-box.
>>

> 350W ? No...  Eight of those will give you "1200 watts"
> (in CB speak! - grin)

well... if a pair on SSB gives around 350 on 75m, then (4) should
deliver around 700, right?  (8) would be 1400, and now we're talking
perhaps getting an easy 125 to 150w of carrier out of the thing, and
being able to fully modulate it, with some room for transients in the audio.

Still, solid state devices -must- come with some sort of tuned output,
otherwise the parasites generated from the even harmonics will eat the
amp alive.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,