[AMRadio] IARU REGION 2 MF/HF BAND PLAN - Effective January 1st

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Sat Oct 6 12:45:49 EDT 2007

Good catch, Don.  You're right - this is probably the result of the
parting-shot by the League officials that they would "revisit" their earlier failed
bandwidth-control plan "at a later time".

Not only are the restrictions on AM crazy, but what about holding the FM on
the high end of 10m to only 6 kHz bandwidth? That was not previously the case,
was it?

I am VERY much against such limits - tight regulation and restrictions like
these goes completely against the experimental and innovative aspects of ham
radio.  As a member of ARRL, which is the US member society of IARU, I am now
going to instruct my representatives to stop this plan from going into effect.

Think it will do any good?

Steve WD8DAS