[AMRadio] Fw: GB> Great Old Surplus Houses

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 16:08:21 EDT 2007

W4AWM at aol.com wrote:
> I am still hoping someone will post the URL of their website.
>
> Thanks,

Here's an 'unofficial pictorial' site...
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/nortex/index.html

here's another little bit of trivia... Apparently Lewis kicked off
rather recently..

~~~~~
Post subject: Lewis Cearly, WWII veteran in ill health   PostPosted: Oct
05, 2007 - 02:11 AM

Yes I know people say we lose them every day, but it is close to the
heart when it is someone you know personally. My good friend Lewis is
very ill, maybe I have mentioned Nortex Electronics..

Lewis started that Fort Worth business many years ago, after he got out
of the Navy. He is an old-school electronics man, worked on everything
from early dive bomber radars to the magnetic amplifiers that rotated
huge gun turrets.

Now he is in a nursing home for rehabilitation, since he fell several
times due to refusing to use his walker. He has always been fiercely
independent. I am sorry to say I think his time is coming. In a perverse
way, I am glad to hear that he said he is tired now and doesn't care
much if he goes soon. See, he is a real man. He does not whine or
complain. He has been very very miserable due to suffering ill health
for the last couple years, I know this personally, but he won't admit
it. I don't know what will happen, but he will never be back to the
store, he's just too weak after falling and breaking his tailbone, and
he is in alot of pain. So please keep in our prayers my friend Lewis,
that he does get better, and this honorable and proud veteran does not
suffer indignities.
~~~~~

A hearty Salute, Lewis.  May you RIP.

--