[AMRadio] RF Choke

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sat Oct 6 22:33:27 EDT 2007

I have a RF choke that is supposed to be a 2.5 mh @ 125 ma and 50 ohm DC
resistance.  It measures 40 ohms DC resistance.  Do you think it may be
giving in to the years of heat it's been exposed to?  More importantly, do
you think the 10 ohm deficit would make any difference in its operation?  It
appears to be okay, but appearances can be deceiving.  It's in an oscillator
circuit so tolerances are kind of tight.

Anyway.. Does anyone have one of the above they would like to sell?  This is
the old style four pi wound on a porcelain rod with a screw mount in one
end, but I would take anything I can get that has the same specs.

Thanks,
Rick/K5IAR