[AMRadio] RF Choke

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 01:31:46 EDT 2007

Rick Brashear wrote:
> I have a RF choke that is supposed to be a 2.5 mh @ 125 ma and 50 ohm DC
> resistance.  It measures 40 ohms DC resistance.  Do you think it may be
> giving in to the years of heat it's been exposed to?  More importantly, do
> you think the 10 ohm deficit would make any difference in its operation?  It
> appears to be okay, but appearances can be deceiving.  It's in an oscillator
> circuit so tolerances are kind of tight.
>
> Anyway.. Does anyone have one of the above they would like to sell?  This is
> the old style four pi wound on a porcelain rod with a screw mount in one
> end, but I would take anything I can get that has the same specs.

You could have had all you wanted, at the hamfest in Belton, Rick.
Parts were -everywhere-.  Vacuum variables, RF decks free-type
give-a-way chassis with parts, sockets, switches, meters, etc...

But, no... instead, you were the Hermit and didn't leave your 'comfort
zone'.

C'mon, man.. you gotta get outside the box once ina while.  "Breathe"...
ya gotta 'LIVE' a little, Rick!  Trust me, there is life -outside- 'the
bubble'.

;-)

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,