[AMRadio] AM in Iraq?

EdwMullin at aol.com EdwMullin at aol.com
Sun Oct 7 18:01:43 EDT 2007

When I was there, (04-05) I was able to get a local call (YI9HYS) and
operate using a kenwood TS-520 that I bought off line and had shipped  over.  No AM
operations that I noticed, other than Shortwave  broadcasting.  Though I
mostly stuck to 20 meters SSB/CW.

Besides broadcasting I never ran into an AM ops.  Though if it was an  old
buzzard in another language, I wouldn't have been able to tell the  difference.

I THINK the tactical coms are all FM now.

In a message dated  10/7/2007 3:59:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,