[AMRadio] AM in Iraq?

Larry Will lhwill at verizon.net
Sun Oct 7 20:16:39 EDT 2007

Hello All,

My personal experience in Vietnam (1967-68) in the Army SigC is AM
voice was already dead.  It doesn't and never did work in the high
noise levels near the equator.  Enjoy AM in the winter but it is just
isn't an comm medium when near 100% copy is required, unless you are
WKBW or WABC at 50 kW ERP.  Here at 40N, I only use AM on
160  reliably from Nov -Mar, and I run an RCA BTA-1R1.

Larry

I love AM but I also know its limitations.