[AMRadio] AM in Iraq?

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sun Oct 7 20:51:21 EDT 2007

Hi All,

   Back in the early 1990's I was involved with a government project where the civilian company I worked for was installing a high power lower VHF jammer and direction finder in Black Hawk helicopters.  I am pretty sure the ship to ship communication mode used at that time was AM, I think 225-400 Mhz. Maybe it was  FM, but I really recall it being AM. One thing for sure though is that commercial aviation still uses AM from about 110-136 Mhz. When listening to commercial aviation, it becomes apparent that the designers of that gear could learn a few tricks from this group.

Jim
JKO