[AMRadio] AM in Iraq?

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Sun Oct 7 22:55:51 EDT 2007

I remember an AN/GRC-26D outside of MACV HQ. We used to get "hook-ups
back to Ft. Bragg, es 18TH ABN Corps. They would connect us to 5th S.F. Hq.
The link was using AN/GRC-26Ds on both ends (AM) and also the remotes were
tied in with TA-312s at each end. The audio quality was good, as was the
signal
quality. Before you ask, I wasn't a radio operator there, but I knew most of
the
MACV Hq. guys, and they used to run phone patches back to bragg for H&W
traffic for us "Mud Slugs"!

Military AM radios, were always a problem if the system wasn't setup
correctly
in the first place. However the 26Deltas did a fine job when we were using
them.
Jim
WB2FCN
Sgt Boo to my friends, I don't have any live enemies!