[AMRadio] AM in Iraq?

Larry Will lhwill at verizon.net
Mon Oct 8 09:03:05 EDT 2007

SGT Boo

Yes the 26D was a great rig.  I used to teach it at Ft. Monmouth and
one of our Engr Bn's in RVN had appropriated one.

You'll see more about all this in my upcoming article in ER.

As Engineers we used mostly FM VHF as that was in the TOE.  The
authorized AN/GRC 19's and 46's were great on secure RATT but
unencrypted voice with 50 watts was OK with doublets but not worth a
whole lot mobile even with a tuned 16 foot whip.  The -26D with its
higher power and R-390's performed much better.

Larry