[AMRadio] AM in Iraq?

Larry Will lhwill at verizon.net
Mon Oct 8 10:30:05 EDT 2007

A good ham friend of mine is recently back from Sadar City and he
said they had lots of organic comm problems in his regiment of 1st
CAV.  He didn't elaborate.

I think the only un-encrypted voice may be spoof comms as I listened
to here at my home QTH on HF during the preps for the big sweep in
GW1. That was all SSB. (I wish I would have taped some of that).

  We were already reducing reliance on open voice using mainly
encrypted TTY for important unit comms even in the Vietnam
era.  Critical voice comms even then used one time pads to transmit.

Larry

Larry