[AMRadio] Re: IARU bandplan

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 09:34:41 EDT 2007

N2EY at aol.com writes:

>That's just not the best plan. IARU can do better.

I urge you to tell that to the ARRL  - they need the feedback!  When I
offered my views, Dave Sumner wrote back that I was wrong, the plan was not
restrictive and limiting, and anyway it is voluntary.  He implied that since it was
voluntary I need not worry about it.  But as you and I both pointed out,
voluntary plans have a way of becoming very powerful, nearly to the point of
regulation if the regulating body decides so.

Here are some useful email addresses:  dsumner at arrl.org, w5zn at arrl.org,
n3kn at arrl.org, K5UR at arrl.org, W6ROD at arrl.org, W4RI at arrl.org, k1ce at arrl.net

I also wrote to my ARRL Division representatives as shown at
http://www.arrl.org/divisions/

Steve WD8DAS