[AMRadio] Panasonic microwave oven parts for radio

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Wed Oct 10 11:16:06 EDT 2007

The light Panasonic ovens that say something like Inverter on the logo are switchers. No heavy transformer anymore. They provide negative polarity hot and operate in a current limit mode, not voltage regulation. There is a website on them, if you search for it, that talks about dissection of one, and the test results. They are pretty neat power supplies, providing like 1/2 amp of DC at >2kV. But very dangerous to play around with, unless you isolate, isolate, isolate.

If you do decide to pass on the power supply, I would love to have one to play around with sometime. Might eventually be reconfigured to make a nice tube power supply.

John
K5PRO

-