[AMRadio] Re: GB> Re: IARU bandplan

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Sat Oct 13 16:36:09 EDT 2007

There has been a number of experiments on the HF bands over the last
several years using digital formats on phone using 3 KHz or less. AOR has
had their ARD9800 and ARD9000 boxes out in the ham marketplace for
several years. They digitize the signal and divide it into 36 PSK type
signals and sends it over a typical SSB bandwidth. Maybe, for good
quality AM, maybe more sampling (dividing into PSK signals) would be
required.
http://www.aorusa.com/other.html

They're pushing SSB use but don't know if anyone has tried them on AM.
Here's a PDF that was written up for QST back in 2003 on digital audio
and amateur radio applications. There was some 20 meter (I believe) on
the air experiments between Ten Tec and some company in France using some
of the application info.
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/x0301049.pdf

Pete, wa2cwa