[AMRadio] Re: GB> Re: IARU bandplan

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Sat Oct 13 17:00:36 EDT 2007

ars.w5omr at gmail.com writes:

> The spectral footprint of the analog station is going to be reduced from
> 6MHz down to around 200kc... and there are already some stations in San
> Antonio that are broadcasting in Digital, with channels like (channel 4
> being the 'main') 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, etc...

I don't think so.  HDTV takes up the full 6 MHz channel for one giant data
stream.  That data can be multiplexed, divided, into more channels, IF you don't
want it to be high-resolution.  The overall spectrum savings, as I understand
it, comes from rearranging the stations' channel assignments to better "pack"
them in.

Steve WD8DAS