[AMRadio] Re: GB> Re: IARU bandplan

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Sat Oct 13 21:12:58 EDT 2007

I just follow the current rules and regulations on the books set forth by
our FCC. If and when a proposal for changing the rules is submitted to
the FCC, and if they assign an RM number to it, we then we have a process
in place within the FCC to make all our issues and concerns known to them
in a formal manner. Venting is sometimes good, but we already know the
current ARRL band plan is voluntary, and the ARRL has already stated in
an e-mail to Steve that the IARU band plan is voluntary. The FCC is our
government agency dictating our amateur rules. As I see it, to comply
with the revised Region 2 band plan, the general U. S. amateur radio
population gains nothing and neither does the FCC. I would be hard to
believe that any of these Region 2 countries have any real clout with the
FCC, and we have already seen over the last few years how often the ARRL
has been beaten down by the FCC.

Pete, wa2cwa