[AMRadio] Johnson Valiant Audio Driver Stage Question

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Oct 14 15:15:11 EDT 2007

Bill when the filament switch is turned on with the Valiant, HV for the
audio section is applied as well, so you have voltage on the plate and
the audio section is hot.

These voltages are supplied by T2.  My Valiant 2 book lists that
resistor as 820 ohms.  For that resistor to go bad, you must have a
short somewhere or the socket has been miswired by someone.  Double
check that.  My resistance chart says you should see about 1K ohms to
ground with no power applied (everything turned off).

73

Jim/W5JO