[AMRadio] I wonder

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Wed Oct 17 15:11:32 EDT 2007

Todd - I used to belong to the League.

I guess a couple of subscription/membership periods, participation in
League "reporting made me FINALLY vote by "LEAVING".

I stayed with M.A.R.S until 1984.

I was on the road to military retirement, had University classes, and
prep to move on to the "next" life as it is now.

I gave up on the League when the ONLY thing they wanted from me was HOW
MUCH TRAFFIC DID YOU PASS?

Although I was recognized by NOAA for emergency net operations that
Uncle Sam gave me the time off for with NO questions when I asked for it
to support a tornado recovery.

Funny how the Feds gave me a certificate, the Club did, and the Club was
ARRL affiliated.

The League didn't even send ANYTHING.

Hmmmmmm.

Yep!  I figured out to vote!  Voted from the Far East by absentee ballot
to elect senators, congressmen, and a President.

It wasn't the "best" choice, but at LEAST the next one WASN'T directing
bombing strikes from the Oval office - AND dictating the "weapons" load.

Oh well.

Off my soap box!

Bob - N0DGN - "Dumb Georgia Nut"