[AMRadio] VFO vs XTAL

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Wed Oct 17 20:52:00 EDT 2007

It doesn't matter as far as the operation is concerned IF there is enough
drive.  I'm not getting sufficient drive from either.  However, I am getting
much more drive from the internal crystal oscillator than from the Viking
VFO and I found that strange.  I would have thought the VFO would put out
more RF than the xtal oscillator.

Rick/K5IAR

as long as it drives the OSC stage and you can manage the required grid
drive for for the final, does it matter?

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR