[AMRadio] VFO vs XTAL

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Wed Oct 17 21:50:27 EDT 2007

I ran it through a small capacitor before the grid of the 828 buffer.  I
appreciate the info Jim and Geoff on the output of the 122.  I thought it
should be plenty hot to do anything I wanted.  I guess I'd better go back to
crystal control and not take on another project of repairing the vfo at this
time.  It was just for a test anyway.  I am supposed to get about 100 ma pa
grid current and I'm only able to muster up about 65 ma.  However, I am
getting the full 250 - 275 watts of RF out.  I just need to level it out a
bit.

Thanks guys...
Rick

I'd look at a schematic of a smaller rig (like a Viking II, or maybe a
Globe King rig.. see how much input is required.

Shouldn't the RF output of the VFO be capacitively coupled to the input
of the buffer stage, anyway?

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,