[AMRadio] VFO vs XTAL

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Oct 17 22:20:30 EDT 2007

If I am not mistaken the Johnson 122 VFO has a coupling cap in it to the
output.  I really don't remember for sure.  If it doesn't use a 75 pf.
to the grid of the buffer.

If the VFO has a coupling cap, tie the VFO output directly to the grid
of the buffer and see what happens.  If you don't have enough then, move
back to the grid of the Osc.  Just be careful of driving the Osc to
strongly.

Jim/W5JO