AWA Re: [AMRadio] HAMFEST REMINDER --- THIS SUNDAY

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Thu Oct 18 08:49:58 EDT 2007

I just wish the AWA meet weren't so far away.  I've never been to one - just
too many miles to drive for a swapmeet, and no-one around here is interested
in teaming up for the trip.

I did attend the Rochester hamfest a couple of times when I lived in
Massachussetts, back in the 70's.  It was great for just the kind of stuff I
look for, but like all other  hamfests, that  has no doubt  changed by now.

I remember one year, when I did not attend,  NY state tax agents came on
site and closed the entire flea market down because some kind of paper work
had not been submitted in proper form.  I'm surprised it didn't incite a
riot.

Don k4kyv