AWA Re: [AMRadio] HAMFEST REMINDER --- THIS SUNDAY

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:08:12 EDT 2007

On 10/18/07, W4AWM at aol.com <W4AWM at aol.com> wrote:
> The next thing they need to elominate is these electric scooters and bicycles
> that some dealers use to run around the hamfest area on.  Wheeled vehicles
> for the truly disabled are fine but all others are a liability.

We've done that with NEAR-Fest John, although a few still got by us.
Next spring there will be none beyond the physically-handicapped and
NEAR-Fest personnel moving heavy items, etc.

So far the computer crap has been minimal thanks to a heavy ad
campaign before each 'fest. We see more of the older junk business
band radio equipment now than PC parts. Computer prices have dropped
to a level that hauling such crap around just doesn't pay anymore.
Most bring it now in hopes of leaving it behind, something we actively
police.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ