[AMRadio] Hamfests

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:12:42 EDT 2007

On 10/18/07, david knepper <collinsradio at comcast.net> wrote:
> Has anyone ever considered that our XYLs also enjoy attending  hamfests.
> My wife enjoys accompanying me to hamfests because of the variety of items
> for sale that are non-ham related.  Many ladies, as you know, are not
> interested in rummaging through a box of old tubes or drooling over some old
> boatanchor.

Then take her to the neighborhood flea market or yard sales. Hamfests
are R-A-D-I-O and related technology events, not a church rummage
sale.

We've considered it, and decided that this kind of junk is one of the
leading contributing factors to attendance declining at hamfests.

There are junk sales and flea markets every weekend, somewhere. Not so
for hamfests.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ