[AMRadio] Festering fleas!

John Flood kb1fqg at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 15:20:57 EDT 2007

Todd,

Expect to see loads more of the surplus commercial gear in the next few years.  However this is not a bad thing.  With the upcoming conversion of commercial gear to narrow band chanels, there will be loads of frequency agile ht's and mobile radios for short money that will work easially in the ham bands.  None of the old time conversions needed just hook up the PC and play!  The commercial dumping is starting now and will increase in the near future.  Programmable HT's that a few years ago cost us $300+ have already dropped to $75.00 or less and it's only just starting.    I'd better stop before the Gods of AM suck the electrolyte from my caps as punishment for playing with FM stuff.

John Flood
KB1FQG