[AMRadio] Re: Hamfests

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Thu Oct 18 22:55:48 EDT 2007

>Ah yes.  The Daytonmobiles.

I recall a rainy Dayton show when many of the attendees were packed
inside the buildings.  My heels were bloodied by the repeated hits from
a scooter user behind me.

I strongly encourage people who need mechanical assistance to attend
the shows - we can make room for everyone.  But an overly aggressive,
impatient attitude in the use of the vehicles can be a big problem in a
crowded place.

Last year there was a older guy riding a balanced, two-wheeled
motorized machine.  The Segway, I believe it was called.  He zipped
around, very maneuverable, didn't seem to cause any problem.

Steve WD8DAS