[AMRadio] hamfests

david knepper collinsradio at comcast.net
Fri Oct 19 07:15:11 EDT 2007

Bob, I believe that we should give more credit to women than we do.

Lots of women are hams and computer persons, etc. You would be surprised
when you go to Dayton how many women attend and enjoy a "night out" with the
OM.

So my point is let's not bash women by "assuming" that they don't have a
curiosity or penchant for ham items, etc.  Who knows when your wife might
remark: "how do I go about getting my ticket, too."  Of course, you would
have to share your ham station.

My wife just got involved in emailing her friends and now I have to tear her
away from the computer.  Next step is to get her an ARRL license manual.

Finally, did you ever notice that even hams display all kinds of items that
are non-ham related on their tables along side a DX-100.

My final word on this subject.  I enjoyed the discussion not DEBATE.

Dave, W3ST - W3CRA
Collins Radio Association
www.collinsra.com
Join the largest Collins group in the world
Nets on 7208 at 4:30 EDST every day and
Monday at 3805 at 8 PM EDST