[AMRadio] AMFone.net

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 08:37:48 EDT 2007

On 10/19/07, W2INR <w2inr at amfone.net> wrote:
> To Clarify ,
>
> We are Currently on a managed dedicated server. Going to a root server
> would put the whole ball of wax in our hands.

Working in the IT field myself, I can truly relate to G's annoyance in
dealing with this situation. Things go so well for so long that you
get used to it. When something goes down, it really can mess up your
day - especially when it's someone else's issue and not your site's
problem that causes it.

I'd like to add that folks like Brian, Gary, and others who do this
stuff, do so because they enjoy it and feel privileged to provide the
service to the AM community. It's not free, though, and they foot the
bill themselves unless others help out.

Something to keep in mind for both the AMRadio list and AMfone site.

I recall Brian recently having similar issues with QTH.net blocking
email addresses. They go through the crap behind the scenes and deal
with complaints and questions while we enjoy the benefits of their
work.

Thanks, guys!

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ