[AMRadio] How many posters does it take?

Gary xfrmrs at roadrunner.com
Sat Oct 20 13:49:47 EDT 2007

EXACTLY
Gary...WZ1M
----- Original Message -----
From: <w1eof at hamnutz.com>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service"
<amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 1:18 PM
Subject: [AMRadio] How many posters does it take?

This was too funny, from Dave WA4QAL on another list:

How many group posters does it take to change a light bulb?*

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has  been
changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is
"lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light
bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take
this discussion to a light bulb group

11 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light
bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where
to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for
this technique and what brands are faulty

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and their own light bulbs

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the
corrected URL's

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including
all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about
light bulbs"

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that George W. isn't
the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

1 moderator to delete the light bulb thread.

1 group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and
start it all over again.