[AMRadio] Localized Activity?

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Sun Oct 21 16:10:28 EDT 2007

Just siting here listening to static!

It is my understanding that the solar cycle does not make a major impact on local operation. Ie, GROUND WAVE!

It would be nice to be able to generate some local AM acivity on some of the high bands. I have a DX-60. The other Heath and EICO transmitters are also low powered compared to thos un use on the EAST COAST. But these should be very useable for distances upto maybe 50 miles. And by working on 15 and 10M we probably would not be bothered by SSB jammers unless the is an opening.

But in my case I may just be in a DRY HOLE here 25 miles south of Seattle. This seems to be a non-tech area. There is not even any 2M FM simplex operation. And the 2M FM repeater opertion seems to be a form of CB activity. At least it does not resemble the repeater activity I remember in in Silicon Valley in the 60's.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"