[AMRadio] Localized Activity?

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Sun Oct 21 16:42:33 EDT 2007

When I moved to this RETIREMENT CLOSET four years ago I was able to hear
some of the PNW AM group on 3870. But as the solar cycle went into decline
so did the signal levels i got from them. The main group I know of is over
the hills about 30 miles north of me. And I suspect I am off the ends of
their antennas. That would be true if their antennas ran N/S for a E/W path.

I am limited to a 40M indoor antenna. I plan to set it up for 40M, 20M, 15M,
and 10M. And I plan to complete it this winter.

But right now there is not much to listen too. When I first moved here there
was even some 11M activity, but nothing I could detect in the past year.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"