[AMRadio] (semi off-topic) California Wildfire / Emergency

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:18:14 EDT 2007

 From another list, and while this may not be germane to the AM mode,
but it does concern all Amateurs.

FYI

-Geoff/W5OMR

~~~~

For those who may normally use N5TW's PMBO- be aware,
it is making best effort to assist the California wildfire situation.

        Jeff N5MNW

________________________________

From: Jerry Reimer <jerryreimer at charter.net
<mailto:jerryreimer at charter.net> >
Date: Oct 23, 2007 5:20 PM
Subject: [STXARES] SoCal wildfires
To: STXARES at yahoogroups.com <mailto:STXARES at yahoogroups.com>

Most of us are aware of the multiple wildfires now burning across
Southern California.  It is a sad situation, and it appears to be
getting worse.

Tom Whiteside, N5TW, our Digital Communications DEC, is supporting their
efforts by pointing his 20M beams to the West, and removing time
restrictions on Winlink HF stations actively supporting the operations.
PLEASE AVOID USING the N5TW PMBO, especially on HF.  If your TelPac
connects to N5TW as the primary PMBO, please use another one until the
fires are contained or subside.

Arizona and Nevada are closest to California, and so far, their Amateur
Radio resources are not being requested.

The LAX section SEC reported earlier today:

...So far the shelters are not too full and most are trying to use their
cell phones--so........I have returned as well.  Was evacuated for a
while myself-- so far I don't think we will need anything but thanks but
I don't know for sure but will be in touch-- Dennis Smith--KA6GSE

For now, the best we can do is to not tie up key resources in our area,
such as the N5TW PMBO.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Jerry, KK5CA, SEC

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,