[AMRadio] Re: GB> Re: IARU bandplan

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Wed Oct 24 13:21:22 EDT 2007

In regards to Steve's comments and the ongoing "dialogue"  on the revised
IARU Region 2 band plan, the link below now shows a Region 2 band plan
dated October 16, 2007. The original posted plan was part of the
committee's submitted report. I didn't go through it line for line but it
looks similar to what they had before. For definitions of the Legends,
"narrow modes" wide modes", etc. go to the bottom of the chart. It
clearly shows CW is allowed anywhere in Region 2 from 7000 to 7300 Khz.
However, exclusive CW (i.e. no other mode except CW) is from 7000 to 7035
KHz. I may be wrong but I believe that was Steve's point.

The 2700 Hz maximum bandwidth stated for most of the rest of the HF
bands, with the AM exceptions again noted at the bottom of the chart, is
still an issue. Of course, if you were in Region 3, the maximum
bandwidth, as stated in their current band plan,  is 2000 Hz.

Pete, wa2cwa