[AMRadio] Re: GB> Re: IARU bandplan

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Wed Oct 24 13:44:17 EDT 2007

Sorry guys, the link disappeared with my cut and paste.
Here is the latest posted revised Region 2 band plan, dated October 16,
2007:
http://www.iaru-r2.org/wp-content/uploads/region-2-mf-hf-bandplan-e.pdf

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:21:22 -0400 Peter Markavage <manualman at juno.com>
writes:
In regards to Steve's comments and the ongoing "dialogue"  on the revised
IARU Region 2 band plan, the link below now shows a Region 2 band  plan
dated October 16, 2007. The original posted plan was part of the
committee's submitted report. I didn't go through it line for line  but
it looks similar to what they had before. For definitions of the Legends,
"narrow modes" wide modes", etc. go to the bottom of the chart. It
clearly shows CW is allowed anywhere in Region 2 from 7000 to 7300  Khz.
However, exclusive CW (i.e. no other mode except CW) is from 7000 to 7035
KHz. I may be wrong but I believe that was Steve's point. The 2700 Hz
maximum bandwidth stated for most of the rest of the HF bands, with the
AM exceptions again noted at the bottom of the chart, is still an issue.
Of course, if you were in Region 3, the maximum bandwidth, as stated in
their current band plan,  is 2000 Hz.

 Pete, wa2cwa