[AMRadio] Re: IARU bandplan

Mike Sawyer w3slk at hughes.net
Wed Oct 24 21:10:14 EDT 2007

Now, let me put this all into perspective. Here is the exception posted at
the bottom of the 'Band Plan':
*) DSB AM phone allowed in this segment with a maximum bandwidth of 6 kHz.

Ok, now this is where the exceptions occur:

3600-3625Mhz

3875-3900Mhz

29000-29300Mhz where AM is the "prefered" band.

Everywhere else where it list "All Modes" it is with a max bandwidth of
2700Khz. No 40M; no 15M nada! I don't know of any AM transmitter that has
that narrow  bandwidth. So to put it bluntly, we are sucking hind tit! There
isn't any interpretation or color here. This is the bandplan plain and
simple. Now, why do I think we are being told that the dinner I'm going to
eat is a porterhouse steak, when in all reality its a cold turd and a slimey
potato?

Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK