[AMRadio] Re: IARU Region 2 MF/HF Band Plan

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Wed Oct 24 22:12:37 EDT 2007

This is really a seperate issue. The HI-FI AM and ESSB do take excessive BW.
2700Hz SSB or 6000Hz AM is really all that is necessary for voice
communcation. We don't need broadcast quality audio for our phone
operations.

If the SSB people don't like ths sound of Donald Duck they should switch to
AM.

One reall advantage of AM is you don't have to continiously be tweaking the
tuning knob the make the other guy understandable. A few hundred Hz drift
does not bother AM!

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa,