[AMRadio] I ntolerance (was: IARU bandplan)

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 08:52:29 EDT 2007

sbjohnston at aol.com wrote:

>> PLEASE!!!!!  Enough of this.  My mailbox has been jammed for 3 days!
>>
>> Just let the issue die or discuss it direct.
>

> This reminds me of the old timer who interrupted a couple guys talking
> on a local 2m repeater to ask that they please stop talking because he
> was trying to sleep.

LMAO!

It must be the season... I had a discussion in a different list, with
someone thinking the same way... (and it's on-topic, for that matter!)

see if you can follow this...

~~~~~

Vern Davis wrote:

 > You typed that my problem seems to be; "...you do not prefer that
people think differently than you do."

 > And who was it that typed; "SSB operators, by and large, are nothing
more (in my opinion) than appliance operators."

 > So if I read this correctly, anyone who doesn't use AM (as you do) is
an "appliance operator"?

yeah, pretty much. that's how I feel about it.  Aren't I allowed that?

 > Yes, I think I see the problem.

yeah, I'm seeing it too.

you're just too easily pissed off ;-)

~~~~~

Now, note that I -did- say "by and large", but he infers I meant 'anyone
who doesn't'...  This same nimrod also accused me of  operating AM
because I didn't posses the knowledge to build a SSB rig.    *sigh*   Do
I -have- to point out that he doesn't posses the ability to comprehend
what he's reading?

A lot of the newsgroups are having the same problems... seems to be a
rash of ignorance and intolerance.

"Why is it that the narrowest of minds, are found in the fattest of heads?"

Spin the dial, manually actuate the "oh en slash oh ef eff selector
device", or take your mail program and simply mark the entire thread as
"read' so you don't look through it.

The options are -endless-

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,