[AMRadio] I ntolerance (was: IARU bandplan)

jones_winston at bellsouth.net jones_winston at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 25 15:47:00 EDT 2007

Bob,
There's a company called Communications Concepts that advertises in QST and CQ regularly that offers circuit boards and all the parts to build 100-watt solid state linears. By FCC rules, they can't offer a kit. However, they do have the circuit board and all the parts for sale, plus Motorola data sheets that detail construction and operation.

There's also been some articles in QST over the years. I built a 50-watt linear for a Ten-Tec Argonaut 509 back in 1981 from an article in the July 1981 QST. It was a very detailed article,with info on building the amp and low pass filters. I don't think the transistors used in it are still available but there's probably some substitute.

The ARRL Handbook in the late 90s also had a 50-watt solid state linear amp, with boards, etc.

73, Winston K4CWQ

From: "Bob Macklin" <macklinbob at msn.com>