D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Fri Oct 26 14:26:46 EDT 2007

> From: "Bob Macklin" <macklinbob at msn.com>
> Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Re:  IARU bandplan
> To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service"

> My error! 40M is open for AM from 7100 to 7300!
> http://www.iaru-r2.org/wp-content/uploads/region-2-mf-hf-bandplan-e.pdf

That is their revised edition.  Compare to
http://www.iaru-regionii.org/Region_2_MF__HF_Bandplan_Annex__1_2008.pdf

The original bandplan as posted had no 40m or 20m AM listed. Looks like our
communication with the IARU people did at least get their attention and they
threw us a few crumbs, but the bandplan STILL HAS NO PROVISION FOR AM ON
160, which is where a large portion of the AM activity in N. America occurs.
The basic restrictive bandwidth limitations are still there, and still no AM
on 17, 15, or 12m.

Don k4kyv