[AMRadio] Re: AM recognition in the IARU Band Plan

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sat Oct 27 12:54:18 EDT 2007

>What happened to the AM calling windows on 1885, 3885, and especially 7290
>which is now an emergency frequency?? I am on 7290 quite a bit on AM. You
>must realize that here in the US AM is big and getting bigger all the time?
>
>Bob KB1OKL

Another point worth bringing up is a reminder that most commercially built
transceivers, whether US-built or made in Japan, now have the AM mode
included, and these radios are used world-wide.

If there were no demand for AM capability, in the highly competitive field
of ham radio transceivers the companies would not be driving up the selling
prices of their products in order to include a mode that they thought no-one
was interested in using.

Don, k4kyv