[AMRadio] Re: AM recognition in the IARU Band Plan

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 09:32:37 EST 2007

On 10/27/07, Peter Markavage <manualman at juno.com> wrote:
> But 15 to 20 years ago,
> I would agree, boatancher stuff was cheap, by the curb every week, and
> calls for please "come take it away; I can't lift it anymore" were
> common. My best boatanchor acquisitions (price wise) came during the late
> 80's to early 90's.

Same for me, Pete. Through the 70s-80s, even into the 90s I hauled
home a lot of stuff due to this factor, always looked at like I was a
bit touched in the head for doing so. The internet/auction sites, a
new crop of interest and new collectors playing catch up along with
the nostalgia factor drove demand up pretty high, pretty fast.

Yet the day before NEAR-Fest when G and the guys stopped by for the
BBQ, a note was hanging out of the front screen door with a phone
number tip for an old radio. No radios have appeared on the steps for
some time, now. I'll miss that when I move.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ