[AMRadio] 220 vac

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sat Sep 1 16:52:00 EDT 2007

Please, help me be sure I am thinking correctly.  To hook up a 220 vac
transformer to the main, I need use only the two hot legs, is this correct?
The third leg is for grounding purposes only, is this correct.  Of course,
this is single phase 220.  I have been struggling with finding a temporary
filament transformer for this GE box so much I want to be sure I don't mess
up. I found a 5 vac @ 20 amp, 220 volt tranny in the shed.  The GE box is
115 vac, so I'll have to run a separate line for this 220 vac HV filament
transformer.  It's just a temporary setup to complete the testing and
conversion while the original transformer is being repaired.

Thanks for any and all help and comments...

Rick/K5IAR