[AMRadio] Re: Top Band

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Tue Sep 4 14:31:37 EDT 2007

Not a bad idea, Don.  I have thought about using a vfo, but the
neutralization of this old GE is such I don't think it would be as forgiving
as your BC1-T.  I may try it to see.  I would sure like to be able to travel
up and down the band a little more freely.

Thanks and 73,
Rick/K5IAR

I usually operate 1885 or between 1980 and 1990.  But often when those
frequencies are occupied (either by SSB or an AM QSO  that already has 4 or
more participants, I hear plenty of wide open spaces that are unused,
especially above 1900 kc/s.

I use a converted Gates BC1-T, and it is VFO controlled.  I find that it
holds neutralisation perfectly over the entire band, from 1800 to 2000....

...Don k4kyv
__