[AMRadio] Link Coupling

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Wed Sep 5 12:16:34 EDT 2007

Roger.. Roger.. Geoff.  That's exactly the way I understand it.  I'm sure
the author of this addendum has passed away many moons ago, but his mistake
lives on!  I was sure of the point, but with my old brain sometimes "sure"
is not good enough! :-)

Thanks,
Rick/K5IAR

If you've got two stationary coils, and you pass a
link between them, maximum coupling will occur when
the link is directly centered between the two coils,
in the same plane as the two coils.  This is the case
in a 'swinging link' where the link moves into/out of
the field of RF.

In the case of a BC-610 type coil, where the coil is
stationary, yet rotates on an axis between the two
stationary coils, maximum coupling will occur when the
turns on the link are paralleled with the turns on the
coil.

There's no confusion about coupling.  The magnetic
lines of flux prove that, daily.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR