[AMRadio] Amfone.net and the AM Reflector!

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 12:51:54 EDT 2007

Bob Bruhns wrote:
> That's another point: over and above the work of keeping the mailing list or website going, and upgrading it, and adding features and content, etc, it's not easy to deal with the crap that constantly tries to disrupt the discussions - whether it's fighting among the kids (us), or hackers trying to deee-stroy... deee-stroy...  deee-stroy..., or some enemy operators doing pretty much the same, or spammers trying to sell drugs and porn, it's a royal pain.
>
> This group did quite well.

yeah... -this- reflector has always had a high ratio of content:crap,
with a -heavily- tipped scale on the content side.

This would be my source of reluctance to 'change a winning hand.'

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

QTH.com/QSL.net does a great job.  Al Waller/K3(I forget his call) seems
to be doing a really good job keeping the mail flowing, except I think
the whole project grew bigger and better than he ever thought it would.

If we need to donate, we should probably send donations to Al, keeper of
the QTH and QSL.net sites.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR