[AMRadio] Re: Link coupling

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Wed Sep 5 13:36:31 EDT 2007

From: "Rick Brashear" <rickbras at airmail.net>
Subject: [AMRadio] Link Coupling

Have I gone completely zonkers or what!  Please, verify for me that when
using link coupling the maximum coupling is achieved when the movable coil
and the two stationary coils are all lined up vertically.  I am reading an
old article on this and it states the opposite.  I am assuming it's a
mistake by the author.  What say ye, have I finally gone over the edge?

Thanks,
Rick/K5IAR

I think you are correct, if you are talking about a rotatable link inside
the main coil.  Some adjustable links swing in and out of the coil, and
remain "lined up vertically".

With rotary link, maximum coupling would look something like this: |||| ||

Minimum coupling would look like this:  |||| = ||||

Except that the gap in the stationary coil would be smaller, and the  link
coil would extend inside both sections of the  stationary coil.

Don k4kyv