[AMRadio] Re: Link coupling

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:20:55 EDT 2007

A.R.S. - WA5AM wrote:
>> Except that the gap in the stationary coil would be smaller, and the  link
>> coil would extend inside both sections of the  stationary coil.
> This brings up a thought I've had about link coupled tuners, of which I use.
>
> Of course I feed the 50 ohm coax to the link.  The center to one side
> of the link and the shield (ground) to the other.  What effect does
> the "link position" have on a tuner?  I suspect the link position
> (mine is rotatable) would affect the matching impedance to the coax?

I think that'd be a WA5BXO question.  He built his own link-coupled
tuner, yet the link was 'stationary' and didn't move, or rotate.

He also had several taps on a healthy piece of air-dux coil-stock.  The
'link' was wrapped -around- the air-dux, with matching taps on the
opposite side of the air-dux.

Two sets of switches to move the taps in/out as needed for frequency,
and two capacitors.

--
73