[AMRadio] Internet issues over Holiday weekend

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Wed Sep 5 19:37:41 EDT 2007

Bob,

You are indeed correst!

However, I do NOT believe that the DNS, Name Servers, were hacked - NOR
do I believe that it was a DOS, (Denial Of Service), issue.  It appeared
that a "High" level DNServer was having either a "hiccup", or some
significant "zone Transfers" didn't happen, take effect, or were corrupted.

I've run DNS for a system with 131 sites throughout the country.  I was
also one of six Sysadmins/Mail Admins that handles the "backbone"
servers for some very strategic systems.

It was a bit "strange" in its occurrence.

It did finally clear up and ALL is well.

Bob - N0DGN